REMOVING THE MEMBRANE
1. Remove the membrane (This allows the spices and smoke to penetrate the meat properly).
2. With a fork or knife slide underneath the blue membrane, once able to peel up grab the membrane with fingers and pull in one motion to remove the membrane.
3. If slippery, use a small amount of paper towel between fingers that help add in grip.
1. After removing the membrane mix all the dry ingredients into a bowl.
2. Massage the Apple Cider Vinegar into both sides of the ribs.
3. Generously sprinkle rub onto both sides of ribs and massage in well.
4. Once the rub is covering the ribs, lay down several layers of heavy duty tin foil. Place the ribs meat side down so that it looks like a happy face. Wrap the ribs in tin foil and place in a preheated oven at 275 for three hours.
5. Remove the ribs from the oven. Remove the ribs from the Tin foil and slather them with Blake’s Candied Jalapeno BBQ sauce.
Optional: Move an oven rack near to the top of the oven. Turn broiler to high and broil the ribs for 3-4 minutes, just until the barbecue sauce begins to caramelize. You can also move this step to the grill, make sure your grill is up to a high heat and place ribs meat side down. Be careful not to over cook!