Sweet Potato Burger Recipe
An amazing sweet potato quinoa burger mixed with herbs and spices ready to fulfill any meat eaters dream. Pair this tasty burger with any toppings and of course Blake’s roasted garlic mustard and enjoy yourself a healthy twist on a comfort food favorite.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 15-ounce can Northern White beans or Garbanzo beans
For the Lemon Mayonnaise:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1-teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- Pinch of sugar
- spinach, or any type of green
- Avocado Brie Cheese
- Red Onion
2. Cut the sweet potatoes in half, lengthwise and place open face down on the baking sheet Cook the sweet potatoes in the oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
3. While the sweet potatoes are baking, start to cook your quinoa and prepare the mayonnaise.
4. Once sweet potatoes are complete scoop them out into a larger bowl, add beans and mash leaving some texture for the burger.
5. Mix in the quinoa and spices. Mix together with hands and form patties.
6. Oil a skillet or pan and place patty into pan to build a good crust on burger. Once crust has developed place on a lined baking sheet and cook in the oven for 20 minutes, making sure to flip them half way through.
7. After removing the sheet from the oven place sliced brie cheese on top of burgers. At this time, you can begin to build your burger. Assemble and enjoy!